March 8, 2010

Happy International Women's Day

I found out some interesting stuffs today

-I'm a huge procrastinator (nothing new here, just reiterating the fact over and over again.*sigh*)

-jejaka idaman ASEAN (lebih-lebih lagi jejaka idaman aku) dah kena chupp ngan orang lain.

-Back in Ancient Rome, men would take their oaths by placing their right hand on their testicles, hence the word 'testimony'. I LOL'd at this piece of trivia. No wonder men can't be trusted. They swore by their balls, which are as reliable as the broadband speed here in Malaysia.

-Danial pointed it out to me that I might be a third wave feminist, I was like, what's that? I found out I'm not a third wave feminist, after all. If I were to classify my views, it would be loosely defined as libertarian feminism. Today, I've learned a new school of philosophy!

-Actually, I don't think I'm a feminist. Some of them are a bit bonkers/ extreme in their beliefs. What's so offensive about calling a cockpit, a cockpit?sheesh..

-Before the rambut-tak-basuh-ketiak-tak-shave feminists starts frothing in the mouth, and the Neanderthal man starts to club me unconscious and drags me back to the nearest cave, let me state my stand. I understand that men and women are created differently, and we each have our role to play in this world. Hence, asking for equality in treatment does not equate to justice, rather it is injustice to both sides. I ask for equitability(no such word, I know), mainly, you get what you give/deserve. And we women, deserve our rights because of what we contributed to the religion, family and society.

-I won't ask men if I could be their imam, cause I know I am not designed to do that. But, I would like to ask the men out there to be a fair and wise imam.

-I won't question a Muslim man's right to have four wives, but I would like to ask a question, "Do you think you have the capacity to love and provide for more than one family?"

- I don't ask men to shower me with material gifts, but I would like you to acknowledge and respect my intelligence and my capabilities. And please, don't judge a woman fairly on our looks, we do know that we're the fairer gender, tapi kalau muka kau pun macam muka projek tergendala, sila jangan banyak karenah.

-Don't think for once that we could not live without you. A boyfriend is good for handling car problems, but if a boyfriend does not exist, there's always AAM. God makes us in pairs, but methinks we can still survive somewhat. Just look at all the amazing single moms out there.

-Having said that, treat your mothers, sisters, girlfriend, wife(s) right. Hell hath no fury like a woman's wrath. The hands that rocks the cradle, is able to rock the world, and hell yeah, girls rock! (Peribahasa ini ditranslate dari peribahasa BM 'Tangan yang menggoncang buaian, boleh menggoncang dunia, or sumthing like that)

-To all my lovely ladies out there, Happy International Women's Day. Kalau ada lelaki yang perlu dibuang. Sila buang, nak recycle pun tak laku spesis douchebag cam ni.

2 comments: