December 4, 2010

Haram Police & Sheikhs in A Plane



tak perlu komen apa-apa. Nicely done, Ummahfilms!!

------------------------

Two Sheikhs were on a flight. They saw a women who is inapproriately dressed and just assumed she must've been a Non-Muslim.



This is the text of the video:

((I remember that once I was on a plane from Britain with one of the Sheikhs who appears on a channel [in Saudi]. Whilst we were coming, we were sat in the plane. There was a British man next to us on a chair. Next to him was a woman like him, and she dressed like very inappropriately. She was reading an English book. I said to myself that she must be his wife or girlfriend or daughter or something. I too was reading a book. Sometimes, I used to talk with my colleague.
The sun set whilst we were on the plane. I said to my colleague, Abu Abdallah, shall we read Salah here, or should we read when we get there?
He said, No. There are two hours left [for Maghrib]. Lets read when we get to Riyadh.
I said ok. I continued to read the book.
Suddenly, this woman stood up, opened the overhead compartment, took out her bag, took out her Abaya and her scarf from it, wore them and read Maghrib, even after having been dressed inappropriately!
I said, I testify there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger.
Abu Abdallah said to me, Look shes praying! I said: yes, she is!
I said, shame on our reputation! We are Mutawwa` (religious), but she is praying on the plane!? Get up and lets pray!
We stood up to pray, and she had finished. She returned her Abaya and scarf to the overhead compartment and sat. I went to her and said, May Allah bless you. May Allah reward you...
Of course, I was NOT looking at her when I was speaking to her. I was NOT looking at her. I say this so that nobody comes up and says that the Sheikh gave her took his time when giving her advice, because she was very pretty and when she said that I have understood you so stop! I replied No, you have to understand my advice more! [i.e. none of this happened.]
Whatever is in front of you, then maybe it may have the signs of sin in it, but realise that it may have good in it. Perhaps there is 90% bad, but there is 10% good. So expand this 10% and treat it as 50%. Dont say [to such a person] that You are a sinner/transgressor. because this will decrease that 10% of good. Consider the good to be more. Perhaps Allah shall rectify this person at your hands.))


This reminds me of a friend of mine. Yes, she has done many mistakes that is forbidden in religion, and I disapproved of it. Maybe I was being harsh when I told her off, but she said something very humbling "Yes, I did something very sinful, but this sin does not define my entire being"

Always assume the best of others.

I remind myself, before I remind others.

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the point brought forward in the second video!

    good find, my, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete